I always forget about asparagus. I get so caught up in throwing cheese and bacon all over my vegetables that I forget there are simple, easy to make vegetables as well. So for this recipe I’m not going to use bacon or cheese!
Then separate the bottoms off of the spears and discard. In order to do this, grab the asparagus with your left and right hand. Place your right thumb on the base and bend the asparagus. Then, there will be a point where it naturally wants to snap. Snap it.
For ideal color and to make sure they don’t overcook, I blanched the asparagus. This is optional but does yield a better dish. To blanch it, just boil some water, throw the asparagus in, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Then strain them and shock them with cold water.
Now for the frying! Combine the butter and garlic in a skillet.
Cook until crisp and you’re done!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ¼th
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- 225 g Asparagus (1 bunch)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Wash the asparagus and separate the stalks
- Boil some water and cook asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
- Drain the asparagus and cool in cold water
- Heat the butter and garlic in a skillet
- Fry asparagus until crisp and browning