I love burgers. And I also love cheese. So what’s better than putting the cheese IN the burger! Juicy Lucy’s started in Minneapolis but have since become a common burger type. In this article I’m going to make Juicy Lucy Sliders!
Once the meat is mixed, put it on a kitchen scale and zero it out. Rather than measure the individual patties, I just measured out much I’d taken out. So I made all the patties 1.5 ounces so they would be consistent.
To make the sliders, I used this slider press so that all of the burgers are consistent in size. There are three parts, the form, the bottom, and the top. You load the meat in and then press down and then pull the bottom out.
Here is what it looks like with the patties in the press.
Make sure to use a bacon press to get really flat bacon weaves.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 burger
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 22
- 1 lb 6 oz Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- Garlic / Salt / Pepper / Onion Powder to taste
- Several dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese (1/2 oz per patty)
- Mix the beef, eggs and the spices
- Divide the meat into 1.5 oz patties
- Add ½ oz of cheese to each patty
- Combine two patties to make one burger
- Use your hands to meld the two patties together
- Heat some oil on high and fry the burgers to your desired completion level
- Optional – top with cheese and a bacon weave