July 4th is a holiday all about celebrating the independence of America. For most Americans, this consists of stuffing our faces all day and possibly watching some fireworks! I have no idea how to make fireworks so instead I’m going to focus on the food 🙂 This year I wanted to make a solid dessert that screamed both keto and July 4th. I ended up making my standard Keto Cheesecake and topping it with a star arrangement of strawberries and blueberries.
For the rest of our Fourth of July celebration I’m going to make a few of my favorite barbeque friendly dishes from the site:
- Bacon Wrapped Brats – Grilled bacon wrapped brats with a romaine lettuce bun
- Kohlrabi Kraut – An old family recipe for German sauerkraut using Kohlrabi. Super tasty and Keto / Atkins friendly. Perfect for BBQs!
- Almond Buns – The ultimate keto friendly faux bread. Also good for Atkins or low carb dieters. Perfect for bun replacement or breakfast
- Kitchen Sink Keto Burger – Lettuce wrapped burger with bacon & cheese inside and topped with a bacon weave, more cheese and a fried egg
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole – Looking for a perfect side? Look no further than a keto friendly version of the ultimate classic!
Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!