I’m always on the look out for new sides to try out. Especially dishes that can be made in bulk and taste good! This recipe comes from my cousin and is apparently a family favorite that I never even knew about (maybe its because my side of the family would never have eaten spinach). Well, on keto spinach is pretty much the best vegetable ever so I thought I’d give it a go.
Start with some frozen spinach. I buy spinach in bulk from BJs and it comes in huge, 64 oz bags but you can just as easily buy 3 10 Oz bags for this recipe.
Thaw the spinach in the microwave. Most modern microwaves have a frozen veggies setting so you don’t even have to worry about the time. In case you were wondering, the microwave has a humidity sensor in it and when the humidity hits a certain level it assumes the vegetables are cooked. Not perfect but it works!
Next throw all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Serves: 10
- Serving size: 1/10th
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
- 30 Oz Frozen Spinach
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 4 Oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 Oz Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- ½ Lipton Onion Soup Packet
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and drain
- Add the sour cream, cheese, and half of an onion soup packet
- Mix and add to a greased casserole dish
- (Optional) Sprinkle extra cheese on top
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees