Last time I introduced the White Russian Poptail which was my first foray into the world of poptails or a popsicles combined with cocktails. I wanted to continue my journey and see how far I could push my Zoku. Today I’m going to show you how to make a Smashed Raspberry Lemonade Poptail! Also, this will be the first time I’ve gotten a chance to try out my Homemade Vanilla that I made over the holidays!
This recipe follows the same general formula of all of the other popsicles. For 2 popsicles, its 60 mL of heavy cream and basically 60 mL of whatever else you want. If you are adding alcohol, its a maximum of 20 mL for it to still freeze. So today I also added Raspberry Sugar Free Syrup, Lemon Juice and Homemade Vanilla!All you do is add the liquid to the Zoku and wait! Because of the alcohol it does take almost double to freeze, or about 16 minutes.
Here’s the finished product! This one turned out really well and had a nice tart finish!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 Popsicle (60 mL)
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- 60 mL Heavy Cream
- 25 mL Torani Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup
- 10 mL Lemon Juice
- 20 mL Vodka
- 5 mL Vanilla
- Freeze Zoku device for 24 hours or until fully frozen
- Each popsicle uses 60 mL or 4 Tablespoons of mix total, if only using one flavor, make as above, if making multiple flavors, make a mix of (3 parts Cream to 2 parts Coconut Milk to 1 part Flavored Syrup ) to total 120 mL for two
- Mix the ingredients and place them in the freezer as well, you want all the ingredients to be as cold as possible
- Bring out the Zoku and place the popsicle stick in it
- Add the liquid and wait 16 minutes, since this is a poptail and contains alcohol, it will take longer to freeze and might not completely freeze
- Once it is completely frozen (you can check by using a toothpick), screw on the extractor to release the mold
- Snap on the drip shield and eat!
|Zoku Popsicle Maker
This crazy kitchen tool makes near instant popsicles! Combine Heavy Cream, Coconut Milk and sugar free flavored syrup to make the perfect keto dessert. It can even be reused with out freezing to make up to 6 popsicles!
|Torani Sugar Free Syrup
Sugar Free Syrups are great if you want to create a special keto cocktail or spice up your coffee. Since these things are so specific, they are rarely found in stores and have to be bought online.