If you haven’t already discovered radishes, go out and get some now! I hadn’t really given them any thought but then I found out how low carb they are and they cook up almost exactly like potatoes! I had some left over flank steak from my pinwheels so I decided to whip up a scramble!
Here are the radishes. Wash them and cut off the stringy thing on the top and the bottom part.Then quarter them as shown.For this recipe, I had some cubed pancetta laying around so I decided to use that as well. This stuff is basically cubed Italian bacon. Kind of nice to just throw in a dish and add some flavor.Start by heating some oil in a cast iron skillet and frying the radishes and Pancetta. The Pancetta cooked really fast, in the future I’d cook the radishes for a bit and then add in the Pancetta.Here’s the consistency you’re looking for!I just seasoned the front and back of the flank steak with salt and pepper and cooked them briefly on both sides for 1.5 minutes each. Keep in mind that its going to cook more in the oven so it can be a little on the rare side.Then slice the flank steak against the grain as shown.Now throw all of the ingredients back into the skillet. Put the radishes and Pancetta on the bottom, then the steak and cheese. I find it works best if I make a little pocket for where the egg is going to go so that some of it touches the bottom of the pan. You want to cook it a little bit on the stovetop to get it started, maybe 1-2 minutes or until it looks like the bottom of the eggs are cooking. Then transfer to the oven for the final cooking.Here’s the scramble after baking for 8 minutes and broiling for 4 to finish it off!Yum!Here’s a final, plated shot!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: ½
- Calories: 777
- Fat: 55g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sodium: 862mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 64g
- Cholesterol: 566mg
- 8 Oz Flank Steak
- 6 Oz. Radishes
- 2 Oz Cubetti Pancetta
- 4 Oz Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Start by pan frying the flank steak for 3 minutes, flipping after 1.5 minutes and then set aside
- Wash the radishes, then cut the ends and quarter
- Pan fry the radishes and pancetta in a cast iron skillet or other pan capable of going in the oven at 450, cook them for about 6 minutes or until the radishes turn golden brown
- Slice the flank steak and add into the pan
- Add the cheese and break the eggs into the mixture, season to taste and cook for a minute to set the bottom of the pan
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 8 minutes, broiling for an additional 4 minutes or until the eggs are set to the desired level
|Lodge 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet
The only pan you really need. Once properly seasoned, this pan can cook anything you can imagine! Lasts forever and never wears out.
|Victorinox Fibrox 8″ Chef’s Knife
You really only need one good knife. This one is it. America’s Test Kitchen rated it the number one budget knife!
Non-slip Cutting Board
Let’s face it, keto involves a lot of prep. You’ve got to slice all those vegetables, cut up all that meat and not just any old board will do. Make sure to grab yourself a nice non-slip one for the kitchen!