So this week I was feeling lazy so instead of a bunch of small meals, I would just cook a huge chunk of meat! I decided to make a pot roast. I looked to one of the best low carb websites: Linda’s. Here is the recipe I roughly based it off of: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/laredo_bbq_pot_roast.html
- Serves: 12
- Calories: 701
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 75
- 8 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 5 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 T Bacon Grease (can use butter)
- 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 T Vinegar
- 1 T Yellow Mustard
- 4 T Splenda
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- Rough chop an onion and set aside
- Coat the roast with salt and pepper
- Heat up bacon fat in a frying pan and sear the roast on all sides, 1 to 1:30 minutes on each side
- Place the meat in the crockpot
- Fry onions in the leftover grease, pour over meat
- Mix Mustard, Garlic, Worcestershire, Vinegar, Spenda and Liquid smoke
- Pour sauce over the meat
- Cook in crockpot on low, 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes per lb of roast. I cooked this one 9 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot, separate into dinner sized portions
- Move liquid to a pan and reduce by half. Serve with the meat.
|Cuisinart PSC-650 6-1/2-Quart Crockpot
Useful for set it and a forget it meals where you place all the items into the crockpot and let it rip! Most crockpots use a ceramic, dishwasher safe bowl that’s heated from the outside to a low temperature which allows the ingredients to simmer for hours.
|Lodge 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet
The only pan you really need. Once properly seasoned, this pan can cook anything you can imagine! Lasts forever and never wears out.
|4.8 Quart Casserole Dish
Great for cooking those gigantic, week long casseroles! I call them 5day meals on the website. Normal casserole dishes are 10×13 but this one is gigantic and can easily be divided into ten portions.