I was looking for something quick and easy for dinner so I thought I’d make some sort of pork chops. I had some left over Parmesan cheese that I figured I should use up so off I went to fry some pork chops!
They turned out pretty well, the pan wasn’t hot enough at first so a little bit of the crust stuck to the pan …
I grated about 6 ounces of Parmesan cheese using my multi-sided cheese grater.
I had to fry the chops in batches of three. I put some bacon fat in the bottom of the pan and sizzled away! Make sure to get the pan pretty hot or else it will stick. I pan fried these for one minute each side and then put them in a pan in the oven until complete.
Here is the finished, plated meal. I served it with Creamy Cheesy Spinach. There was a little bit of egg left over and some cheese / almond mix left over so I combined them and fried it in the same pan. It yielded the “thing” on the right and I think I may have accidentally discovered a pretty amazing creation. It was like moist fried cheese! Note that you can adjust this for less meat, just use one egg, 3 oz of cheese and 3/8 almond flour. If there is left over just combine the eggs and cheese and fry!
- Serves: 14
- Serving size: 1 Chop
- Calories: 454
- Fat: 34
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 33
- 14 Pork Chops (I used bone-in)
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- To Taste Salt, Pepper
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese
- Grate Parmesan cheese and combine with spices and almond flour
- Whisk the eggs and place in a shallow container
- Dip the pork chops in the eggs and then coat with the Parmesan mix, you might need to sort of place the mixture on the pork chops depending on how the coating goes
- Fry in bacon grease in a pan for 1 minute per side
- Cook in oven at 400 until at desired temperature (will vary by thickness of chops but probably 10 minutes)