I’m always looking for simple, tasty dinner options. For this meal, you marinate some chicken for a couple of hours with a combo of tequila, lime and some spices. Then you broil the chicken to lock in the moisture and create a nice, golden brown color. Finally you broil it again with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Enjoy!
Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a pyrex bowl with lid. I like to use these because they’re non porous so the marinade won’t linger in the glass bowl and the lid is an added bonus.
For an added seal, I put saran wrap over the bowl.
Once you’re ready to cook, get the chicken out of the refrigerator and turn the oven on high broil.
I don’t have a real broil pan so I used a grill pan flipped over and in a baking pan instead.
Here’s the chicken after broiling.
Of course no keto recipe is complete without cheese, so go ahead and drench the chicken with some shredded cheddar cheese. Then throw it back in the oven on broil until the cheese melts, likely 2-3 minutes.
And there you have it! This chicken was super moist and the flavoring was awesome!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 Breast
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 60
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Liquid Smoke
- ½ tsp Salt
- 50 mL Tequila (1 Shot)
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Tomato Sauce (or Salsa)
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Dried Parsley
- ¼ tsp Frank's Hot Sauce
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Dried Dill
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 6 Oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Mix together marinade ingredients
- Add chicken to marinade and let sit, refrigerated, for 2-3 hours
- Place on a broiler pan and broil on high for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes
- Check to make sure meat is done, aka at least 165 degrees
- Place meat in a casserole dish and cover with sauce and cheese
- Broil on high again for 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly