Update: I’ve posted a YouTube video on making Cheesy Chicken Casserole!
I am constantly on the look out for recipes that I can make for the entire work week. I call these 5-day recipes because they can make lunch for two for 4-6 days which covers the wife and I for the week. My new favorite is this Mexican inspired cheesy chicken casserole!
Yum! Here is the final dish stored into our Ikea tupperware.
If you make this for an entire week, you need a big pan! I use my Calphalon Wok which is great for cooking a huge amount of food.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ⅛th
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 34
- 8 Chicken breasts
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 oz Diced Green Chiles
- 4 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 16 oz Green Salsa
- 4 Stalks Green Onions
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks
- Cook the chicken breasts in a pan, if your pan isn't big enough, do it in batches
- Once the chicken is cooked, drain the excess liquid, in my case I just used the lid of the wok to get most of the liquid out
- Add taco seasoning to the cooked chicken breasts
- Transfer the chicken into a greased pan
- Mix sour cream, chiles and salsa together and pour over chicken
- Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
- Shred the Monterey Jack cheese while the chicken is cooking
- Once the chicken is done, remove and cover in cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer
- Let cool, cut into pieces, transfer to tupperware and garnish with green onions
|Cuisinart 9-Cup Food Processor
I first got this food processor as a wedding gift and I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. Well, let me tell you, its been a godsend on keto! I shred cheese, slice brussels sprouts, and rice cauliflower like a boss!
|4.8 Quart Casserole Dish
Great for cooking those gigantic, week long casseroles! I call them 5day meals on the website. Normal casserole dishes are 10×13 but this one is gigantic and can easily be divided into ten portions.
|Glasslock Lunch Containers
The easiest way to conquer keto is to premake your lunches. I used to use Ikea 365+ containers but they started to leak after a while. These glasslock containers are by far the nicest I’ve ever seen.