Pizza is a mainstay for people on the SAD (Standard American Diet). Its fast, tasty, and horribly bad for you. Luckily, I’ve found a way to use the almond buns to create a perfect pizza crust. I’ve made pizza like objects like the meatza in the past but its not the same as an actual slice. One time I even made pizza using almond buns but it was not quite family size. This time, I was able to reproduce an actual, full size pizza using almond buns.
The first step is to make the crust. The recipe is the same as for the original almond buns except I have added oregano, thyme and garlic to flavor the crust.
Start with a well greased 12″ pizza pan and preheat the oven to 350.
And there you have it! Cut up the pizza with a nonstick pizza wheel and you’re good to go.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 43
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 16
- ¾ Cup Almond Meal
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 tsp Splenda
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 122 g (1/2 Cup) Alfredo sauce
- 4 oz Cheddar
- 2 oz Jarhlsberg
- 2 Eggs
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix well
- Make sure the eggs are warm by placing them in hot water before use
- Add eggs to dry ingredients
- Melt butter then add to the mixture
- Spray pam on pizza pan and spread mixture to pizza pan
- Cook at 350 degrees for 7 minutes
- Apply Alfredo sauce to pizza
- Add cheese to pizza and any other toppings
- Broil for 2 minutes