Jalapeno wraps are another great snack to serve at a sporting event or party. The coolness of the stuffing counteracts the hot in the Jalapenos creating the perfect keto snack.
Here is the finished product. Some of them came unwrapped during the cooking process. I used half of a piece of bacon, but I would recommend a full piece next time. The bottom left Jalapeno is wrapped in a full piece and this seemed to work better.
Here are all of the steps. First, cut the Jalapeno in half. Remove the seeds and stems. Next fill the crevice of the Jalapeno with cream cheese. Top it with a chunk of cheddar. Finally, wrap it in bacon. One note, I would wear gloves when making these. The hot juices will not easily come off of your skin and it can be quite painful depending on where you put your hands after this process … If you wear gloves you can also use your fingers to dig out all of the seeds without worrying about any exposed cuts or hot juices.
- 8 Jalapenos
- 16 Bacon Slices
- 16 T Cream Cheese
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, sliced
- Wash the Jalapenos and cut in half, discard stems
- Hollow out the center of the Jalapenos
- Put 1T of cream cheese in each Jalapeno
- Place one slice of cheese on each unit
- Wrap with a piece of bacon
- Bake at 400 degrees until done. Broil for crispness