This week I wanted to spice things up for our lunches. Also, I had some left over lettuce from the Kitchen Sink Keto Burger and the Lettuce Breakfast Tacos so I decided to make keto lunch tacos! One reason I hadn’t made this sort of thing before was the difficulty of using both hot and cold items and figuring out how to microwave and separate them. I figured out a decent solution and off we went!
Here is the finished result. I ended up using my prep bowls as storage for the sour cream and the salsa with some saran wrap on it. This way you can take it out and microwave the food, then add it back in.
Here is the browned pork. I added McCormick’s taco seasoning, some chilli powder, and some cayenne pepper. I really should find / make a better taco seasoning because this one has carbs but it didn’t add too much to the total.
Here is the finished product. I threw some Romaine Lettuce Leafs into the container and they worked out pretty well through the entire week. I did it a couple of different ways. The easiest was actually to take the lettuce and cream out, then microwave the meat and cheese, then throw in the salsa and sour cream. At that point, I either put it on the lettuce and ate it as a taco or ripped up the lettuce and threw it in for a taco salad.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 647
- Fat: 51
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 38
- 32 oz Ground Pork
- 9 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6 tsp McCormick Taco Seasoning
- 12 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 12 Tbsp Salsa
- 6 Romaine Leafs
- To Taste Cayenne Pepper
- Brown the pork in a skillet
- Once the meat is browned, add taco seasoning and any additional spices
- Cook until the taco seasoning is incorporated
- Let cool, then distribute into 6 containers
- Add cheese to each container
- Add sour cream and salsa to a prep bowl and saran wrap it
- Add Romaine Lettuce to container