Since this past Thursday was Valentine’s day I wanted to go all out in celebrating with the missus. For dinner I made seared and stuffed flank steak and I made some brussel sprout burgers as a side. This Strawberry Cheesecake really hit the spot for dessert! I’ve actually made this several times in the past but I’m always conflicted posting dessert recipes. A lot of people dieting have issues with desserts and often stay away from them. Also, even though keto desserts are low carb, they are often “lower” carb and should only be eaten sparingly. Now, with that off my chest, lets get baking! Here is the finished product! I think it turned out really well!
First, we’ll start with the crust. I like to do a combination of both Pecans and Almond flour. The first steps is to get 3/4ths of a cup of pecans and crush them. In my case I started with chopped pecans but you could use whole as well.
Next grease your 9-inch Springform Pan and get ready to put in the crust.
Next, break out your stand mixer and get ready to mix! By the way, if you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, definitely consider picking up this aftermarket beater blade. It makes it much easier to mix recipes like this cause it squeegees the bowl as it mixes. It makes it even less work to combine all the ingredients of recipes.
For the liquid part of the cheesecake, I prefer to use the liquid sweetener EZ-Sweetz. As you can see from the label, this stuff is crazy potent! For this whole recipe we only use 1/2 tsp!
Since this was for V-day, I decided to get a little fancy and add sliced strawberries! Feel free to leave these off for less carbs. I sliced them as shown so I could adorn the cheesecake crust and top with them.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ⅛th
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 49
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 13
- ¾ Cup Pecans (84g)
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Splenda
- 1½ lbs Cream Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Tbsp Liquid Vanilla
- ½ Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp EZ-Sweetz (Equivalent to 1 cup sugar, if splenda, use 1 cup)
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 9 Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Crush the pecans
- In a small saucepan, melt 4T butter and then add pecans, splenda and almond flour
- Mix the crust in the saucepan for several minutes until combined
- Grease a 9″ springform pan and line the bottom with the crust
- Cook for 7 minutes at 400 or until it just starts to brown
- For the filling, combine all the room temperature ingredients in a stand mixer and mix well
- If desired, slice strawberries and line the side of the crust
- Add filling on top of the crust / strawberries
- Optionally top the cheesecake with strawberries
- Put the cheesecake in the oven at 400 degrees but drop it to 250 as soon as you put it in
- Cook for 60-90 minutes or until the cheesecake has set.
- Let cool, then store in the refrigerator, serve cold with whip cream optional!