So if you read the blog often you’ve probably figured out that I have just about every kitchen gadget known to man. However, I never had a mandoline slicer, until now! To break it in I wanted to try a bunch of different Zucchini recipes. The first idea I had was to make thin slices of Zucchini and form them into wraps. The result was awesome!
Then align it as shown on your mandoline slicer. I ended up throwing the first and last slice away because they weren’t as uniform and had a lot of skin on them. After the slicing you should end up with a series of uniform, 1/8″ Zucchini slices as shown.For this recipe, I really wanted to get the grill lines so I used my cast iron griddle set to high heat.
For each slice, I took 1/6th of the mixture and formed a roll in my hands. Basically I rolled a ball until it became long enough to fill most of the slice. I originally tried to just spread the goat cheese but this resulted in broken up Zucchini slices …
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 roll
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 13
- 1 Zucchini
- 6 Oz Soft Goat Cheese
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by washing the zucchini and cutting the ends off
- Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini into ⅛" slices
- Brush the zucchini slices with oil and spice with salt and pepper
- Grill the zucchini for 5 minutes, 2.5 per side, until they brown
- Combine the goat cheese, dill and mint.
- Divide the goat cheese mixture into 6
- Its easiest to roll the goat cheese into a cylinder between your fingers and then spread it on the zucchini
- Roll the Zucchini up and put a toothpick through it